Marketing and Promotions
Branding Tips for Off-Campus Events
By Julie Hawkins, event coordinator for the Georgia Tech Office of Development
There are many options for incorporating Georgia Tech into any event:
- Stand-up banners to dress up a registration area or podium.
- A tablecloth with the Georgia Tech logo.
- A rolling slideshow of campus shots running on the projector prior to the presentation.
- A small megaphone and gold and white pompom on a table.
- The Georgia Tech fight song playing over the speakers while people enter the room.
- It’s not always possible, but having student representation at your event is a wonderful way to bring Georgia Tech into the room! These students can be in the form of a musician or group of musicians, Student Ambassadors, Buzz, or even the Ramblin’ Reck Club with car in tow.
- Before you complete your web or print pieces, consult the Georgia Tech Visual Identity guidelines to ensure you use proper elements.
- Institute Communications can help you develop customized, targeted promotional material. Contact your client manager to get started.
- If using logos, you will have to work with Georgia Tech Licensing and Trademarks to make sure your vendor is approved and follows our guidelines.
- You can find a list of approved promotional licensees suppliers under Campus Departments.
- The lower cost allows you to order an appropriate quantity for your event and to incorporate more personalization (date, location, names, etc.).
- Consider splitting your order with another department to maximize your bulk discount!